WRITERS COLLECTIVE OF CANADA

Sunday June 09, 2024

2 DRAFTS

Hello everybody, 

    I'm done transcribing all the writing, I've done so far with the  WRITERS COLLECTIVE OF CANADA writing workshops. It's amazing how time flies by so quickly when I get started. I am growing more confident with my writing every day now. 

    I have missed sharing my writing and especially listening to other writers in the different groups I attend. It's one of the best experiences of my life.

    Thanks for stopping by and please enjoy, 

(Inspired by: What would you like to plant?)

Same day, same routine, same old, same old as they say

Who says, he asked a loud but to nobody.

Sammy got up from his old rocker cracking from his weight

What is there to do today?

Life had nothing new in store for him

Some time ago he still could go out on his own

To the market, to Walts and his favourite place the tree nursery

You see Sammy fell last month and he's bound to his chair

He still could walk short distances 

To his bedroom, washroom, kitchen, and living room

They are all so close by

He wanted to have a look at his tree garden

But they had all burned down from last summer's fire

He stood leaning in the glass window, tears running down

He couldn't help himself 

Not only had he lost his friends the trees

The blue jays, the cardinals, and the chickadees had gone

The squirrels too had left too 

He could not leave nuts in the branches for them anymore

And little Eddy was not allowed to come play in the yard

With his dog Blue because of the ashes everywhere

Peggy Elms, writer

June 02, 2024


(Inspired by: A day well spent)

Dad and me driving down home

He'd hit the road early morning so we'd get there

In the shortest time

Mom and I walk down quiet country roads

Showed me the old torn-down house they used to live in 

Actually going to her school and sitting down at the old school desks

and chatting up a frenzy

Knowing there weren't any teachers to stop her

Dad and I shopping for Christmas gifts for all the members of our family

We'd stop and spend time watching the Christmas decorations

He'd keep my hand locked into his for safety and warmth, he said

It felt more like love and caring to me

Mom and I baking a birthday cake for someone in our big family

We kids all preferred vanilla and she found that so weird

Because she was a chocolate fan herself

She would leave the batter bowl with me

I'd clean that bowl up as clean as the dishwasher would have

She'd always add little candies of blue, red, pink, and green 

Sparkling them generously over the cake

Then at the end, I'd wait in anticipation for her to dip her finger

In the icing, and touch the tip of my nose and smile.

All these memories are part of the best of my days well spent

Peggy Elms, writer

June 02, 2024



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STORY INTENSIVE-LESSON 1-FREEWRITING

THE STORY COURSE

LESSON 6, 7 AND WRITING WEEK