WRITING FROM MAY, 17, 2024

2 Drafts 

Hello again,

    It's me your friendly neighborhood-inspired writer, Peggy Elms. I'm back again with some of the beautiful inspiration I get from the Writers Collective of Canada  fellow writers. We are a very diverse bunch from all parts of the world. I get so excited anytime I have a workshop and they are more and more inspiring, fun, creative and a warm place to come to and share whatever we have on our minds, in our hearts and here we go.

Thank you for stopping by always, Peggy


(Inpired by: Every story I create creates me. I write to create myself. -Octavia E. Butler)

She had gone through rough times in the past years

Who hasn't right, I'll mention only the Covid drama and you'll understand

Yet this woman had never really stopped to find out who she was

The nine-to-five, the kids and daycare, the husband, the keeping house bit

Was that all there was to life?

Not that she didn't love caring for all her family and colleagues at the office

She felt lost now that her children were growing and doing things on their own

The older colleagues were leaving one by one in retirement

Her husband kept busy with work, golf, and fishing on week-ends.

She was not so useful to them anymore

It was time she decided to seek out this woman in another role than a mother,

wife, colleague, and friend

She then vowed solemnly to create a new self

But that would be after her day at the office of course.

Peggy Elms, writer

May 17, 2024

(Inspired by: The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, then stands back to see if we can find them. -Elizabeth Gilbert)

Mama, am I good at anything, Sarah asked as soon as she came dashing through the door from the playground.

Yes, of course, why do you ask? You are good at a lot of different things, dear.

Tell me what then mama, I couldn't do anything the other kids did today.

I tried skipping rope and tripped over it every time

Then it was cycling and fell dragging rocks in my knees, see all the blood.

This is an honest draft as all the others but sometimes they are shorter but that's the way it goes sometimes. I didn't miss all the amazing drafts the others wrote that day. I smiled, cried and mostly was inspired to do more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STORY INTENSIVE-LESSON 1-FREEWRITING

THE STORY COURSE

LESSON 6, 7 AND WRITING WEEK