WRITING FROM SATURDAY, MAY 11, 2024 

2 DRAFTS 

Hi there, 

    I've done many little writes during my online workshops with Writers Collective of Canada. I have been finding new ways to write and being inspired by all the writers in the different groups I write with. So very thankful to my son David who suggested I search for free online writing groups. I did and it happened so quickly that I never stopped writing.

    Sometimes our writing is serious, funny, deep, and light. Depending on the inspiration, I suppose.  Or simply what's going on in our world or the world in general.

    The thing I find the most exciting is that these are all first drafts, with no erasing, and no editing. I feel I have become courageous and brave putting myself out there.

    Enjoy,

    This writing is from Saturday, May 11, 2024

(Inspired by Dr Seuss, Oh the places you'll go.)


This young man walking

What are his hopes and dreams?

He seems determined in his stance.

Upon noticing him, women around him are whispering

All of them gathering closer it seems

To get a sense of who this man is but from a distance

I know him, he's a darling

One of them says as she leans in

Pushing another nearing him 

She is now as determined as he, to keep on marching

Her heart set on her hopes and dreams 

To finally take a chance

And say Hi, I'm here.


Peggy Elms, writer

May 11,2024


Migrant labourer 

(This one was inspired by an image of a man walking alone in a somewhat deserted area.)

Not knowing where my next meal will be

I keep on going

What choices do I have, you ask

I want to live

My mama, my wife, my baby

They need me to keep on

Not only as an example but as a responsible survivor

She folded the note 

Put it back in his pocket

Took baby and mama by the hand and

Kept on going away from the body of her dead husband

She would find the next meal.


Peggy Elms, writer

May 11, 2024




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STORY INTENSIVE-LESSON 1-FREEWRITING

THE STORY COURSE

LESSON 6, 7 AND WRITING WEEK