Writers Collective of Canada( drafts)

 Saturday June 2, 2024


2 DRAFTS

Hello everyone, 

    I have more writings from the Writers Collective of Canada for you to read. We never know where these writings take us and I believe that is what makes me want to write more and more every time. I'm getting busier with these and happier because I am doing what I was born for. 

    I've written little romance stories as a teenager but never showed them to anyone. I would find them silly tear them all and send them to the garbage. I don't think there were any best-sellers in them but I am sorry I did that.

    However, here I am today back at my favorite thing to do. I'm sharing my little stories now and hope you enjoy them.

Thank you all for stopping by, Peggy

(Inspired by: What are you asking for this day?)

My back is bruised and hurt

I can't recognize my face reflecting in the door's window pain

My eyes are swollen and almost shut

I have blood running down my back thankfully it isn't mine

Are they coming for us?

Did I give them the right address?

My hands keep shaking

My heart is beating so loud

Maybe not as loud as his screaming voice

Hope they can find us in time

I've been visiting Sonia for so long

My husband told me to stay clear of the problems of othersUI'm praying I'm making him wrong

Because Sonia is still with me

She's holding hard on my waist leaning on my back

We are walking to our freedom, down the stairs, 

Up some more, wait is that them?

I can hear noises of tires, breaks  and a car screeching to a halt

Voices now are getting closer

Well-organized first responders, I just know

Sonia falls, no. I bend and scoop her up

She's so heavy for such a small woman

I can walk through that door, I know I can

To safety

That idiot screaming further now

The welldoers near

My, my, please come to us

If I have only one wish for this day

Is for Sonia to survive.

Peggy Elms, writer

May 24, 2024

Inspired by: summer job ( can't remember the whole inspiration)


Mom walks in talking loudly on her cell

Terry's been going about T's-Tops and jeans

This one with blue stripes, the other one in red

Her favourite is of course in mint green stripes

How did she make so much money in such a short time

Well look at her, needless to say, she got herself a sugar daddy

Dad snapped at her  for talking about things she knows nothing about

Gesturing for her to leave the room

Terry is Aunt Jinny's daughter so she's my cousin and he's right

My mom has no clue of the kind of life Terry's been handed

She does more than her best in school

But academics are not her forte

On the other hand, she makes friends easily

Some of the popular girls tease her 

For it's so not cool to be friends

With twelve-year-olds when you're almost fifteen

Terry is not phased at all with all the gossip

Dad got her that summer job so she could have her own money

And he's not telling mom about it and neither am I.

Peggy Elms, writer

May 24, 2024









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STORY INTENSIVE-LESSON 1-FREEWRITING

THE STORY COURSE

LESSON 6, 7 AND WRITING WEEK