WRITERS COLLECTIVE OF CANADA

 WRITERS COLLECTIVE OF CANADA

3 DRAFTS

Hello, 

    Here is more of my writing from The  WRITERS COLLECTIVE OF CANADA .I'm telling you

the words keep flying from my pen to my paper. It feels like a holiday for me these days. I'm keeping 

up good writing habits. I want to find the time to add to some of these short short stories.   No pressure 

though, only good clean fun.  Thanks as always for stopping by, Peggy


(Inspired by: Be open to what your writing can tell you. - Toni Morrisson)


Today I have found my friends again

Pen, paper, thoughts, experiences, so much to write about

The year went by with the thought of writing

But nothing doing

I used to keep busy with my grandchildren

in a way that was frightening as I look back on it

I could not spend a day without talking to one or two of them

I almost kidnapped them from their parents

Oh and to me, they could do no wrong

I walked them in the stroller as babies

Played with them in the park as toddlers

They slept over so many times it is impossible to count

I picked them up from school as kindergartners

We'd go out to McDonalds as teens.

They were my world for almost twelve years

They are gone now far away and aren't coming back anytime soon

The shock was hard to take

Sweet faces I get a glimpse at once in a while on Messenger video

Peggy Elms, writer

May 26, 2024

(Inspired by: What do you have in your bloodstream)

What do you have in your bloodstream?

More components than plasma, platelets, red or white blood cells

For instance, that pursed lip you get when you're about to laugh

Reminds me of Dad's lips when he would begin to laugh

The giggle in your laugh is definitely Mom's

Your want for justice probably stems from both our parents

The way Russell sticks his tongue out while working on something precise

We all can tell when Corryn walks away in the way she almost skips

She walks so fast yeah, like Mom

The genius of Oddell while working the land is Papa to a tee

Sweet boy was the only one following Papa's long steps in the vegetable garden 

he used to grow every summer

And what about Nancy, well she has these nice high cheekbones

Grammy had and passed on to Dad, it gives her an innate beauty I've rarely seen

George's determination to leave Canada to travel the world in order

to experience life to its fullest while learning more about our cultures

That is from our  3rd great-granddaddy for he had to leave the Southern states to 

become free from slavery and discover life on his own

Peggy Elms, writer May 26,2024


(Inspired by: Counting your stars, counting your blessings)


Don't know how her day started in such a complicated way

The stars didn't seem aligned

I'd even venture to state that 

Stars were pretty much scattered around

Daisy just sat there waiting

What was she really waiting for

The stars to align

Maxine sat next to her 

Took her hand in hers

Rested her sister's head on her shoulder

The alignment might soon be happening

Peggy Elms, writer

May 26, 2024




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STORY INTENSIVE-LESSON 1-FREEWRITING

THE STORY COURSE

LESSON 6, 7 AND WRITING WEEK